Amish Country Events
- 3rd Saturday Downtown Crafts Markets
- Arthur Arthur Amish Country Quilt Show
- 1st Saturday Craft/Flea/Antique Markets
- Arthur Strawberry Jam
- Spring / Fall Town Wide Garage Sales
- Spring / Fall Antique Markets
- Arthur July 4th Celebrations
- Moultrie-Douglas County Fair
- Arthur Amish Country Cheese Festival
- Bob Galloway Memorial Bike Tour
- Chet Kingery Blue Grass Jam
- Central Illinois Bragging Rights BBQ
- Arthur Mennonite Relief Sale
- Dicks Pumpkin House
- Christmas Kickoff & Lighted Parade
- Arthur's Breakfast with Santa
- Contact Us
- Area Activity Calendar
Amish Country Newsletter
Special Events in and Around Arthur...
The Heart of
Illinois Amish Country
There are so many special events going on around Amish Country, you'll find plenty to do anytime you choose to visit Arthur.
We are often asked how we put together so many events. The answer is that we have a lot of involved and caring local folks who have a lot of fun doing them.
We have fairs and festivals, blue grass jams and "opry style" shows, craft shows, quilt shows, BBQ competitions, auctions and many benefit events, ball tournaments, historical reenactments, professional theater, bicycle tours, antique shows, and much, much more.
We, of course slow down a bit in January and February, when we have only 2-3 events each month... and when we can get outside, we ramp up to the summer and early fall seasons where you can choose between separate events practically every day!
Listed to the right are some of our major events... just those here in Arthur. They are generally listed in chronologic order... spring to fall.
And there are so many more worthy and fun activities going on all the time just here in Arthur, that we can't list them separately there on the right side. We have to consider them as secondary events and list them in our main calendar. Now throw in the many, many more events going on across Illinois Amish Country and the neighboring areas and nearby towns... all within a couple of miles, and you will find plenty...PLENTY... of things to do that are right up your alley.