Amish Country Events
- 3rd Saturday Downtown Crafts Markets
- Arthur Arthur Amish Country Quilt Show
- 1st Saturday Craft/Flea/Antique Markets
- Arthur Strawberry Jam
- Spring / Fall Town Wide Garage Sales
- Spring / Fall Antique Markets
- Arthur July 4th Celebrations
- Moultrie-Douglas County Fair
- Arthur Amish Country Cheese Festival
- Amish Country Bike Tour
- Central Illinois Bragging Rights BBQ
- Arthur Mennonite Relief Sale
- Dicks Pumpkin House
- Christmas Kickoff & Lighted Parade
- Arthur's Breakfast with Santa
- Contact Us
- Area Activity Calendar
Amish Country Newsletter
Moultrie-Douglas County Fair
The town of Arthur lies in two counties... Moultrie Co. to the west and Douglas Co. to the east. In fact, Vine Street, running through the middle of town is the county line. So it is only fitting that both counties join together for one great country fair here in Arthur every July!
Tthe Moultrie-Douglas County Fair is one of the oldest, continuous, county fairs in Illinois.
Details have yet to be finalized but this year the Fair will feature Little Mr. & Jr. Miss Pageants, Miss & Little Miss Fair Queen Pageants, tractor pulls, demolition derbies, livestock shows, agriculture and fine arts exhibits, a midway carnival, beer tent and entertainment, and grandstand entertainment. These seven days in July should prove to be “the best week in July.” These are just some the fair highlights that bring fair-goers' each year.
If you want to really experience the country, you can't beat the Moultrie-Douglas County Fair.
If you have any questions regarding any of the above events, or would like more information, please call our fair office (217-543-2314) starting Sunday through the week of the fair.
The Moultrie-Douglas County Fair is traditionally held in Mid July.